Sunday 22 November 2015

Essence Merry Berry Collection

Before I even start my reviewing, can we please take a moment and appreciate the beauty behind this design of this collection. The Essence Merry Berry range is definitely the first collection which got me literally running in and out of Dis-Chem and Clicks stores until I even had a glimpse of these gorgeous beauties. I can definitely say “ THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COLLECTIONS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!” The Essence merry Berry collection is the latest Trend release from Essence Cosmetics in South Africa. As you can see, I purchased quite a few of the products from this trend because I couldn’t resist the temptation.
I think I appreciate the trend more because it is a Christmas theme, and it reminds me that Christmas is just around the corner. Essence describes their Merry Berry trend as: “red and violet shades meet upon shimmering gold and copper, which harmonize perfectly. the beauty pieces in the trend edition ensure an ultimate wow-appearance: lips and nails shine in intensive shades extravagant enough for any party. the fragrant body powder gives the face and neckline a subtle shimmer and thanks to its lovely look, it’s a great present, too! and the hair fragrance provides hair with a gold-glam touch as well as the wonderful fragrance of “like the party of my life”.”
ESSENCE MERRY BERRY LIPSTICKS
 My first review from the collection HAS to be the Merry Berry lipsticks, because these are the perfect shades for that Christmas party you’re going for, or that day you’re spending with your special people, you name the occasion, these lipsticks are going to rock your look. Essence Cosmetics says “The lips are sure to be eye-catchers thanks to the long-lasting lipsticks in dark berry, intensive berry-pink and bright red. berry and berry-pink provide a light shine, while the red version creates impressive lips with a trendy matt finish.” I really love how Essence Cosmetics chose their lipstick colours, because they happen to be three of my favourite colours.
I’m going to start off by talking about the packaging, I love the velvet smooth feel of the lipstick compact, it has a gorgeous look. Each lipstick is embossed with the Essence Cosmetics logo. I found the lipsticks to be very long lasting, with me, they lasted just over three - four hours, which is impressive because lipsticks never last. These lipsticks have a very creamy feel, but they set on lips to a comfortable velvety matte finish. The lipsticks retail for R44.50 each and are available in the following shades: 01 let's the berry-tales begin, 02 pink & perfect and 03 red rocks.
 ESSENCE MERRY BERRY HAIR FRAGRANCE
I was just as eager to try out the Merry Berry hair fragrance, because I’ve never really used a hair fragrance before. Essence Cosmetics says: “Perfume & care! the special hair fragrance covers the hair in a subtle layer of gold dust with a “like the party of my life” fragrance. it also makes the hair easier to comb, gives it a beautiful shine and makes it feel super soft.”
 The Merry Berry hair fragrance has a very unusual scent, I really like it as it gives hair a fresh summery kind of scent, unfortunately I can get a strong alcohol scent when I spray the hair fragrance. I really like the fine shimmer in the hair fragrance, mainly because it catches the light and brings a gorgeous sparkle to hair. The hair fragrance retails for R67,50 and is available in the shade 01 I love my golden pumps.
ESSENCE MERRY BERRY SCENTED GOLD DUST POWDER
I’m guessing everybody was eager to read about the Merry Berry scented gold dust powder, because of the gorgeous bottle it comes in. Essence Cosmetics says: “Body dust. the powder conjures-up a delicate, lightly scented golden shimmer on the face and neckline for gorgeous, radiant accents. the round, golden bottle with a balloon-atomizer pump is sure to be a true eye-catcher on the bathroom shelf.
I have more shimmer powders than I can count, but this one I just HAD to have, from the shimmering gold bottle, to the atomiser, it was just so adorable. I really like the scented gold dust powder, because this powder smells like vanilla, not regular vanilla… VANILLA CUPCAKE! I know, it sounds good enough to eat! Plus it will leave skin with an eye catching shimmer which everybody needs for a night out. The shimmer powder retails at R67,50 and comes in the shade 01 I love my golden pumps.
ESSENCE MERRY BERRY HIGHLIGHTER POWDER
 I’ve saved the best for last, because the Merry berry highlighter is my absolute favourite. Essence Cosmetics says: “Shimmering stars. the light, powdery texture of the highlighter comes with a lovely star embossment. it gives the complexion a subtle golden shimmer for a beautiful glowing look”.
 This gorgeous champagne gold highlighter is so breathe taking, you really wouldn’t want to use it because of the gorgeous star embossing on the highlighter. This silky soft highlighter glides onto skin effortlessly, leaving skin with a gorgeous glow. The highlighter retails for R63,50 and is available in the shade 01 I love my golden pumps.


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I am SOOOOO loving this season! Essence has to be my favourite drugstore brand ever. Their stuff is so inexpensive yet has such good quality...which is sometimes very rare with make up brands...

    I love that essence is going an extra mile by embossing the highlighter.. It just adds a little something more special.

    Those lippies! I need to get my hands on that purpley shade.."let's the berry-tales begin" and not just because of the cute pun :P

    Does the hair fragrance leave the alcohol smell in the hair throughout the day? I so wanted to try it X_X

    I have "The sparkler . All over shimmer" in gold from TBS...and love it! So I know I'm going to love the scented gold dust powder <3_<3... That packaging...there's something about the pump thing that makes me so excited!

    -HaiiPri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Review hun... Loved reading it. I literally just received my order in the post! Eeek... So excited. I kind of got everything because I COULDN'T say NO :-)

    ReplyDelete