Thursday 4 June 2015

Beauty on a Budget: LA Girl Nudes Palette

It is known that every single girl wants to get her hands on Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, unfortunately not all of us can afford it. So for my first BEAUTY ON A BUDGET, I will be reviewing the LA Girl Nudes palette, which has been labelled as the much more affordable dupe for the Naked 3 palette. This Nude Palette retails for R70, which I find quite affordable for the amount of eyeshadow you’re getting.

Unfortunately, I can’t compare the two palettes, because I’ve never tried the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette before, so expect something interesting as I unfold the mystery behind the LA Girl Nude Palette. I purchased this palette from Dis-Chem a few months back, which gave me a chance to play a little with the palette before I actually reviewed it.
The LA Girl Nudes palette comes in a high glossy black and nude hard board packaging, which I find pretty sturdy, except the fact that the magnet close isn’t strong enough, which is a big downfall if you want to travel around with this palette. The palette includes a double sided brush, one side has a sponge applicator, while the other side includes a brush applicator. The palette also contains a mirror, long enough to see both eyes, for an even application.

In this LA Girl Nudes palette contains 12 eyeshadows, three matte and nine shimmery shades. Luckily I don’t have a problem with the shimmer shades, because they subtle enough for me to use every day to work. For a nude palette, the shades have plenty of rose gold shades, which is the reason this palette has been labelled as “Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Dupe”.
Let us begin with the actual eyeshadows, those buttery, silky soft eyeshadows, waiting to provide you with the perfect look. I’m being completely honest when I say, I’ve never used the application brush which came with the kit, I’m always using my 27Pinkx make up brushes, because I’m used to them. These eyeshadows feel absolutely soft and smooth, a little creamy for powdered eyeshadows, and they blend effortlessly.

I’ve never used these eyeshadows with an eye primer *insert your awkward look here* even though I normally do use eye primer, I just chose not to with these eyeshadows. They actually proved to be long lasting and got me through an entire day with very minimum creasing due to Durban’s hot weather. I find these eyeshadows to be very “blendable” and very easy to create day time, night time and party time looks in a matter of minutes.
My final thoughts: I would really recommend this LA Girl Nudes Palette if you’re a make-up junkie, if you love eyeshadows, and definitely if you’ve been lusting over the Naked 3 palette. It is a very affordable palette and you can create endless looks with this magical palette. 


No comments:

Post a Comment